Gurgaon Knee & Shoulder Clinic
"I am writing this to express my deep gratitude to Dr. Arora for taking care of my knee during my ACL reconstruction procedure. I waited for more than a year as I was always skep..."
Dr Rishabh Mishra
ACL surgery, [email protected]
"Dr. Jayant Arora is an expert and experienced Orthopaedic surgeon specializing in Knee, hip and shoulder surgery. My father Sri Prakash Chandra Mishra underwent Total Knee repla..."
Extremely Happy and Content Father
"Dr Jayant, Hope all is well with you. I just dropped this email to let you knkw that my tennis elbow is fully recovered and I started playing 2 months ago.. I know it was ..."
PRP Injection for tennis Elbow
Recent Blog Entries
Dr Jayant Arora-- Knee Surgeon in Gurgaon
Dr Jayant Arora
Fellowship In Joint Replacement and Arthroscopy (Newcastle, UK)
CCBST (Royal College of Surgeons, UK)
Visiting Fellow, Knee Arthroplasty, Belgium
MS (Orthopedics), MBBS
Director and Unit Head
Joint Replacement and Orthopaedics
Fortis Hopsital , Gurgaon
Dr Jayant Arora started his Orthopaedic training from C.I.O Safdarjang Hospital, New Delhi in 1997 and went to the UK for advanced training in year 2000. After returning to India from UK in 2008, he established a state of the art Orthopaedic Department at Columbia Asia Hospital since its inception. He was the Chief of Orthopaedic Surgery and Senior Consultant at Columbia Asia Hospital, Palam Vihar Gurgaon, till March 2019. At Present he is Director and Head of Unit in Joint Replacement and Orthopaedics at Fortis Hospital Gurgaon.
Over last 20 years of his practise he has developed a keen interest in treating Knee Arthritis with advanced techniques and Arthroscopic Surgery for sports injuries. He has been a pioneer in bringing latest knee arthritis treatment to patients in Gurgaon and Delhi like patient specific Implants, Minimally Invasive Knee surgery, Partial Knee Replacement and Computer Navigated Knee Replacement. His work is widely recognised and Dr Arora has published many articles in international Journals in the Field of Knee replacement surgery. He has performed more than 15000 Surgical procedures over last 20 years.
He is the now passionately involved in training Orthopaedic surgeons in performing Total and Partial knee replacement surgery and has participated as a teaching faculty on many such training courses.
Dr Jayant Arora is also a enjoys running and cycling in his leisure time and has completed many half and full marathons. He is currently preparing for LEL cycling event to be held in 2019.
Previous Work experience
Dr Jayant Arora has worked at some of the finest Orthopedic centers in the UK.He obtained Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (MRCS-Ed) after 2 years of Orthopedic training in Scotland. He has received specialist orthopaedic training in Knee and Hip replacement surgery as well as Arthroscopy in Leeds Orthopedic Rotation.He has done a Clinical Research Fellowship in Joint Joint replacement surgery from Newcastle. His work was widely recognised in the UK and he has published many articles on Knee replacement Surgery in International Orthopedic Journals. He has worked in the prestigious Woodend Hospital in Scotland where he received training to perform primary and revision(Re-do) Joint replacement surgery.you can see a detailed career log of Dr Jayant Arora here.
He has formerly worked as a
· Specialist Registrar Orthopedics at Scarborough Hospital, UK (2007)
· Specialist Registrar Orthopedics at Scunthorpe Hospital, UK (2006)
· Senior Clinical Fellow (Arthroplasty and Arthroscopy) at North Tyneside Hospital, UK (2005)
· Senior Registrar at Dumfries and Galloway Hospital, UK (2004).
Oxford Partial Knee Instructional Course — Faculty Nov 2017
4th Delhi Arthroscopy Course, 18th -19th Feb 2017.
Oxford Partial Knee Instructional Course, Pune, Nov 7-8th 2015.
CCJR Annual Winter Meeting, Florida, USA Dec 13-16 2014.
Cadaveric Advanced Shoulder Arthroscopic Course, Ramiah Hospital Bangalore, Nov 12th 2013 Revision Knee Course, AIIMS, Delhi. 16th March 2012
Hip Resurfacing Course at Finnsbury Orthopaedics, Leatherhead Surrey Dec 2006.
Hip and Knee arthroplasty course on 21-22 Nov 2003 at Southmead Hospital Bristol.
Intramedullary Nailing Course on 29th Oct. 2003 at Ninewells hospital Dundee.
ATLS COURSE on 21- 23 May 2003, at Crosshouse Hospital, Kilmarnock.
Arthroscopic Skills Course on 23 Aug 02, at St. Andrews University, organized by the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
Basic Surgical Skills Course on 24-26 July 02, at West Middlesex Hospital, organized by the Royal College of Surgeons of England.
Advance Life Support update course held in Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Grampian University Hospital Trust on 5th April 2002.
Workshop on External fixator application held in Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Grampian University Hospital Trust on 12th June 2002’
National Trauma Management course Feb.2001 at Apollo Hospital Delhi. Deformity correction by Ilizarov fixator. Aug. 2000 at UCMS, Delhi.
Symposium cum workshop on Arthroscopy & Sports injury, Aug. 1998 at C.I.O. Safdarjung hospital.
Hands on workshop on 'Muscle pedicel flaps for the leg, May 1998, Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi.
National and Regional presentations in India
Delhi Orthopaedic Association Quarterly Meting September 2018 Faculty— UKR Reinvented-
ROSA Jaipur April 2019 Faculty Live demonstration of Oxford Partial Medial Knee Replacement
Preoperative planning in Total Knee replacement surgery— Conventional Vs PSI jigs at UP Orthocon, Feb 2016
Management of Recurrent Dislocation of patella. Gurgaon Orthopaedic Society Meeting Sept 2015.
Role and benefits of Patient specific jigs in Knee arthroplasty. Faridabad Orthopaedic Society Meeting, 24th May 2014.
Three Column Concept in treatment of Distal radius Fractures at Advanced hip Shoulder and Wrist Trauma Conference, GOS, Gurgaon, 2012.
Soft Tissue Release in varus Knee replacement at Faridabad Orthopaedic Society Meeting, Aug 2014.
Treatment of Shoulder Instability, Gurgaon Orthopedic Society Meeting, 24th March 2011
Examination of the Shoulder Joint at West Delhi Orthopedic Society Meeting in December 2009.
Arthroscopic Live surgery workshop, Nov 2008, Gurgaon
Synovial Chondromatosis at Gurgaon Orthopedic Society Meeting at Columbia Asia Hospital in Novembar 2008.
- Clinical Assessment by Orthopaedic Specialists: Is it Necessary Prior to Knee MRI Scan in Symptomatic Patients? Arora J, AC Ogden-- Podium presentation ,12th ESSKA Congress Innsbruck, Austria May 2006
- Prevalence of Osteolysis in primary modular Freeman Samuelson Total Knee replacement.
- Arora J, AC Ogden—Podium presentation at the Quincentenaty Congress at The Royal college of surgeons of Edinburgh on 30th June 2005.
- Clinical Assessment by Orthopaedic Specialists: Is it Necessary Prior to Knee MRI Scan in Symptomatic Patients? Arora J, JJG Malal, AC Ogden -- Poster Presentation Quincentenaty Congress at The Royal College of surgeons of Edinburgh June 2005.
- Recurrent osteoid osteoma of the lunate as a cause of chronic unexplained wrist pain: A case report and review of the literature.J Arora, N Munro, J McLauchlan-- Poster Presentation at the Quincentenaty Congress at The Royal College of surgeons of Edinburgh on 30th June 2005.
- Medium term results of the primary cemented modular Freeman- Samuelson total knee replacement: Survival analysis and Radiological outcome. Arora J, A C Ogden—Podium presentation at EFFORT congress, Lisbon on 4th June 2005
- Distal tibial aneurysmal bone cyst treated by using a proximal fibular autologous bone graft: A case report. Arora J, H Kapoor—Poster presentation at EFFORT congress, Lisbon on 4th June 2005
- External fixation in comminuted intra-articular fractures of distal radius: Is it sufficient? Arora J, Malik AC. I presented this paper at the 5th CEOC Congress on 12th June 2004 in Prague.
- The role of pre-operative templating in primary total knee replacement.Arora J, Sharma S, Blyth M. I presented this poster at 5th CEOC Congress, 12th June 2004, Prague.
- Bacillus Cereus – The forgotten pathogen. – poster presentation. Thomas S, Arora J, Pillai A. SGM 155th meeting at Trinity college, Dublin on 9th Sept. 2004.
PRESENTATIONS IN REGIONAL SOCIETY MEETINGS IN UK
Preoperative templating in Total Knee Replacement – a waste of time!
Sharma S, Arora J, Blyth M. This study was presented at the National Audit Symposium at the Royal College of Surgeons (Edin) in March’ 03
Clinical Assessment by Orthopaedic Specialists: Is it Necessary Prior to Knee MRI Scan in Symptomatic Patients?—Poster Presentation. J Arora, JJG Malal, AC Ogden at Annual Scottish Orthopaedic meeting on 10th June 2005.
Preoperative templating in Total Knee Replacement – a waste of time!
Sharma S, Arora J, Blyth M. Oral presentation at the Annual Scottish Orthopaedic Meeting at the Victoria Infirmary (Glasgow) in June’ 03.
Pathophysiology of the Compartment Syndrome.
Middleton A, Arora J. Presentation at the regional SpR teaching in January 2005.
PUBLICATIONS IN JOURNALS
1. Osteolysis in proximally cemented primary Freeman Samuelson Total Knee
replacement. Arora J, AC Ogden. J Bone Joint Surg Br 2005 87-B: 1502-1506. 2. External fixation in intra-articular fractures of distal radius: is it sufficient? Arora J, Malik AC. Archives of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery 2005; 125(8): 536-540.
2. External fixation in intra-articular fractures of distal radius: is it sufficient? Arora J, Malik AC. Archives of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery 2005; 125(8): 536-540.
3. Role of preoperative templating in primary total knee replacement.
Arora J, Sharma S, Blyth M. Knee Surgery Sports Traumatology Arthroscopy 2005; 13(3): 187-189.
4. Recurrent Osteoid Osteoma of lunate : A case report and review of the literature. Arora J, Mclauchlan J, Munro N. Hand Surgery 2003; 8: 239- 242.
5. Transulnar styloid volar scapholunate dislocation with median nerve injury Arora J. Archives of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery 2005; 125: 120-123.
6. Closed reduction and POP immobilization Vs External fixation in comminuted intra-articular fractures of distal radius: A prospective trial with 2 years follow-up. Arora J, Malik AC, Kapoor H. Indian Journal of Orthopaedics 2004; 38(2): 113-117
7. Transfixation of Ganglion: a new method of treatment with encouraging results. Kapoor H, Arora J, Jain P. Indian Journal of Orthopaedics 2004; 38(6): 78-83.
8. The sprain fracture of the calcaneus revisited.
Pillai A, Arora J, Fredinand R,Williams C. The Foot 2005; 15: 198-201.
9. Hospital acquired Bacillus cereus infection in Orthopaedic patients: a case report and review of the literature.
Thomas S, Pillai A, Arora J. Accepted for publication in the Journal ‘Surgical Infection’.
10. Dislocation of carpal scaphoid: a case report. Arora J, Pillai A. Injury Extra 2006; 37(5):184-186.
1. Bacillus cereus-the forgotten pathogen. An unusual infection in an orthopaedic patient. Thomas S, Pillai A, Arora J, Ogden AC. Clinical Microbiology and Infection Supplement April 2005;11(2): 336-37.
2. Prevalence of Osteolysis in primary modular Freeman Samuelson Total Knee replacement .Arora J, AC Ogden. Abstract published in The Surgeon June 2005; 3(3) Pg 26.
3. Clinical Assessment by Orthopaedic Specialists: Is it Necessary Prior to Knee MRI Scan in Symptomatic Patients? Arora J, JG Malal, AC Ogden. Abstract published in The Surgeon June 2005; 3(3) Pg 86
4. Recurrent osteoid osteoma of the lunate as a cause of chronic unexplained wrist pain: A case report and review of the literature. Arora J, N Munro, J McLauchlan. Abstract published in The Surgeon June 2005; 3(3) Pg 124.
5. External fixation in comminuted intra-articular fractures of distal radius: Is it sufficient? Arora J, Malik AC. Abstract published in Acta Chirurgiae Orthopaedicae et traumatologiae. 2004;Suppl 1: pg31.
6. Role of preoperative templating in primary total knee replacement.
Arora J, Sharma S, Blyth M. Abstract published in Acta Chirurgiae Orthopaedicae et traumatologiae. 2004; Suppl 1: pg44.
General Medical Council (GMC) UK
Medical Council of India
Delhi Medical Council
Delhi Orthopedic Association
Gurgaon, Delhi and Indian Orthopedic Society